Welcome to our first wellness Wednesday! We’ll be posting these every other Wednesday with fun things you can do at home alone or with your family to help your mental health throughout social distancing.
This week we are going to be sharing 10 feel good TV shows to binge!
- Younger – follows 40-year-old Liza – a suddenly single mother who tries to get back into the working world, only to find out it’s nearly impossible to start at the bottom at her age.
- Jane the Virgin – Jane is a religious young Latina who is a waitress in a hotel in Miami. Her life takes a big turn for the unexpected when her doctor (Dr. Luisa Alver) mistakenly artificially inseminates her during her checkup.
- Friends – a 90’s Comedy TV show, based in Manhattan, about 6 friends who go through just about every life experience imaginable together; love, marriage, divorce, children, heartbreaks, fights, new jobs and job losses and all sorts of drama.
- The Fosters – Stef Foster and Lena Adams, a lesbian couple, have a family of adopted, biological, and foster children. Mariana and Jesus are adopted 15-year-old twins and Brandon is Stef’s 16-year-old biological son from a previous marriage. Everything is going fine in the house until Callie and Jude arrive.
- The Good Place – Eleanor, a deceased saleswoman who lived a morally corrupt life, finds herself in a heaven-like afterlife in a case of mistaken identity and tries to hide her past in order to stay there.
- Gilmore Girls – Thirty-two year old single mom, Lorelai, lives with her teenage daughter Rory in the small town of Stars Hollow, Connecticut, with crazy neighbours and many ups and downs.
- Girl Meets World – The Boy Meets World spin-off follows Cory and Topanga Matthews’ twelve year old daughter, Riley, and her best friend, Maya, as they navigate through the challenges of life
- Brooklyn – Nine-Nine – The series revolves around Jake Peralta (Andy Samberg), an immature but talented NYPD detective in Brooklyn’s fictional 99th Precinct, who often comes into conflict with his new commanding officer, the serious and stern Captain Raymond Holt (Andre Braugher)
- New Girl – After a bad break-up, Jess, an offbeat young woman, moves into an apartment loft with three single men. … Jess, a bubbly, off-beat teacher, who is known to burst into song, catches her boyfriend with another woman. Newly homeless, she moves into a loft with three single guys she’s never met before.
- Schitts Creek – When filthy-rich video store magnate Johnny Rose and his family suddenly find themselves broke, they are forced to leave their pampered lives to regroup and rebuild their empire from within the rural city limits of their only remaining asset – Schitt’s Creek, an armpit of a town they once bought as a joke.
Let us know your feel good TV show picks!